So you’ve got questions. . .
What are the specs on your reflective vinyl?
At Wander And Reflect we use 3M Scotchlite 5100 vinyl for all of our reflective decals.
- 7 mil Engineering grade reflective vinyl. This is an enclosed lens, retroreflective, engineer grade film. (Trust me, the Engineer in your life will geek-out over this!)
- Up to 7 year outdoor durability. With care, this material is known to last much longer.
- White and red reflective vinyl meets ASTM D-4956 type 1.
- White, Red, and Black meet NFPA 1901: Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus.
- This 3M vinyl is approved for use by the Association of American Railroads (AAR) for the lettering and marking of railcars.
- 5100 Black reflects white at night.
- Do not apply wet.
- Similar daytime and nighttime appearance that retains most of its reflectivity when wet.
- Unprocessed film resists fuel vapors or occasional spills.
These were the specs on the day we wrote this, but if it’s really important, shoot us an email and we’ll verify any information you need.
Decal vs Sticker – What’s the difference?
Vinyl decals and stickers are very different things. Some general rules of thumb. .
- A decal can typically be used outdoors. A sticker is most often meant to be used inside.
- Stickers have something printed on them.
- Often, a sticker is “contour cut.” This is when an image is printed on it and then the overall outline is cut so the sticker is in the shape of the item printed.
- A vinyl decal is cut from a roll of vinyl without printing.
- Typically a decal is one color, using the surface it’s on as the secondary color. However, multiple colors of vinyl can be layered within one decal.
- Decals are a solid color. There are no shades or tones or blends like you would find in a printed product.
- Decals typically have a 5 to 10 year life outdoors.
- Since a decal is cut, there are limits to the detail you can achieve. A printed sticker can be very detailed but is often inconsistent with large color blocks.
- Decals can be made using specialty vinyl. Our reflective decals use the same vinyl as fire trucks, ambulances and police cars. It has very specific properties and meets strict government regulations.
Now there are exceptions to all of these rules, but you get the idea. Just keep in mind that a decal is usually placed on the outside of a vehicle and a sticker is something your kid brother gets out of his cereal box.
Shipping & Returns
How long does it take to get my super neat sticker?
We make each decal when you order it. These are hand-crafted, artisanal, free-range, gluten-free vinyl decals that have been lovingly created just for you. And that kind of craftsmanship takes time.
Which means I’ve got to get up out of my lawn chair, fire up the computer and customize your name. Some of you have hard names to spell and then I start second guessing myself and have to keep re-checking the email. The new file gets sent to the cutter, but nothing happens. Then I remember I’ve got to load the vinyl. After it cuts, the magical decal fairies have to weed it, which is removing all the little pieces that aren’t part of the decal. Then we apply the transfer tape and cut off all the excess. Finally we box it up with the instructions, a squeegee, maybe a little freebee sticker and a mailing label. So this takes a day or two.
And then there is the whole Post Office thing and they are only open on weekdays. Going to the Post Office means driving back to civilization, which has been known to make me break out in a rash.
Then they have to deliver it. And it’s in a box and they don’t seem as excited about delivering boxes. So you have a couple of days there. Maybe more with that whole rain, snow, sleet or dark of night thing thrown in.
All in all, at least 3 business days but usually less than 7. So figure on a week and then you’ll be excited when it shows up early.
How do I return this?
Returns are authorized for defects in material, misspellings and shipping damage reported to the carrier.
Returns will not be accepted for improper installation. Installation issues are out of our control. We may be able to offer a replacement at a reduced cost.
Refund or replacement is at the sole discretion of the management.
If you’re needing to return a decal, please send us a message with details of why you’re returning it. We may need pictures.
- All returns must be approved.
- All materials must be returned: decals, squeegee, instructions, etc.
- Package the items in such a way that they are protected in transit.
Once approved, return to:
Wander and Reflect
PO Box 236
Ash Flat, AR 72513